Accounts and Administrative Assistant (Volunteer)
Location (Duty Station): Kampala, Uganda
Application Deadline : 10th -December -2021
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Duration : Full time
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : As soon as Practicable
Kituo Cha Katiba (KcK) is an Eastern Africa regional NGO whose mission is to protect and promote constitutionalism, good governance and democratic development in the sub-region. As a think tank, KcK’s work is focused on research, documentation and strategic advocacy. The organization also provides a neutral forum for activists, academicians and politicians to engage in dialogue, self-reflection, critical debate and activism over a wide variety of issues that are of critical contemporary relevance in its area of work.
KcK is governed by a Board of Directors comprising persons from Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania Mainland, Rwanda, Tanzania Zanzibar and Uganda and has its secretariat in Kampala.
KcK is searching for an organized, efficient Accounts and Administrative assistant with an eye for detail and high level of accuracy, working under the direct supervision of the accountant, to help maintain the office and keep it running smoothly and efficiently.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify the accuracy of payments and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
- Enter data into computer system using defined computer programs (SAP)
- Maintain a database of the accounts records to ensure there are up to date.
- Record information, process and file forms.
- Adhere to all KcK procedures and accounting principles.
- Respond appropriately to suppliers, clients, and internal requests.
- Provide administrative support to the accountant, undertaking clerical tasks such as typing, filing, making phone calls, handling mail and basic bookkeeping.
- Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned by the Accountant or Executive Director.
III. Qualifications and Competencies and Skills
- Hold a diploma in Business Studies/Business Administration or/CPA II.
- Skilled multi-tasker with excellent time management.
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial and other KcK information.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Courteous, professional and good inter-personal skills.
IV. Contract Duration and Remuneration
The contract for the Accounts and Administrative assistant will be 12 months.
The benefits will be negotiated based on demonstrated skills, experience and salary history.
- An application letter;
- A resume summarizing qualifications and experience;
- Copies of relevant academic credentials/papers;
- 2 work referees with contact details;
- Interested candidates must submit their applications by 10th December, 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and email@example.com
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. KcK is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- In light of the COVID 19 pandemic, virtual interviews may be held.